Garden District TourOperated By: Lucky Bean Tours
The Garden District was established in 1832 as the City of Lafayette, an elegant garden suburb upriver from New Orleans inhabited by the wealthy American newcomers who found themselves at odds with the downriver Creoles. The planners and residents of this verdant oasis from the sultriness and excesses of the old city were the captains of New Orleans' "golden age," a time of incredible wealth and growth in the Crescent City.
There is no other neighborhood like the Garden District, at the same time showy and quiet, wild and manicured, modern and antiquated. Allow your guide to lead you through its beautiful homes and histories, and explore Lafayette cemetery #1, one of New Orleans' most interesting "cities of the dead."
Garden District Tour Highlights
- Drinks, snacks, and restrooms are available at Gracious Bakery, where the tour begins.
- Stunning Lafayette Cemetery #1 is the oldest city-owned cemetery in New Orleans.
- The elegant and lush Garden District is a New Orleans original!
- All our groups are small, to ensure a tour customized to the interests of our guests.
- We love to walk and tell the stories of this unique American neighborhood in the Creole city.